Ocean Color-based Plant species identification and Carbon flux in the Indo-Pacific oceans: A Study Group (IMBeR OC-PC)
Work Program (2022-2032)
1. Develop algorithms to quantify carbon fluxes mediated by marine biosphere
• for plant species identification for the Indo-Pacific Ocean basins*
• for chromophoric dissolved organic carbon (matter) in each basin
• for plant pigments / particulate organic carbon in each basin
• for suspended inorganic particulate matter in each basin
• Modeling carbon flux in each basin*
2. Synthesis for the East Indian and the West Pacific Ocean
• Generate distribution maps for each basin*
3. Training session – one session a year
• IMBeR OC-PC presented at “Colour and Light in the Ocean from Earth Observation” Session at the ESA’s 2022 Living Planet Symposium (23-27 May 2022, Bonn, Germany)
Xinyao Tan, Bingqiang Sun, Guochen Wang, Tiantao Cheng, Kan Huang, Fang Shen. Consecutive retrieval of aerosol optical depth and total suspended solid concentration in turbid coastal water of Eastern China. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer. 287 (2022) 108231.
Jie Liu, Peng Li, Canran Tu, HoujieWang, Zhiwei Zhou, Zhixuan Feng, Fang Shen and Zhenhong Li. (2022). Spatiotemporal Change Detection of Coastal Wetlands Using Multi-Band SAR Coherence and Synergetic Classification. Remote Sensing 14, no. 11 (2022): 2610.
Xuerong Sun, Fang Shen*, Robert J.W. Brewin, Mengyu Li, Qing Zhu. Light absorption spectra of naturally mixed phytoplankton assemblages for retrieval of phytoplankton group composition in coastal oceans. Limnology and Oceanography 67, no. 4 (2022): 946-961.
Fang Shen, Haiyang Zhao, Qing Zhu, Xuerong Sun, Yinnian Liu. Chinese Hyperspectral Satellite Mission and Preliminary Applications of Aquatic Environment. IGARSS 2021 - 2021 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, Brussels, Belgium, 2021: 1233-1236, doi:
(for non-specialist audience)